So we are the parents that attempted the Gaylord's ICE exhibit with our 20 month old. Not sure why, but yes...we are "those" parents. What were we thinking! Luckily we had our good friends the Fergusons with us, who also had a toddler on hand. Chaos is a good word to describe the adventure. After a two hour line, that in our defense we had no idea was going to take that amount of time, we finally made it to the ice which continued to be another line. Did I mention that they don't allow strollers in there. Uh, yeah, try putting on a huge parka over your huge pregnant self, then holding a toddler that does not fit into the oversized one that was provided for her. Doesn't exactly work. It's kind of like a marshmallow trying to hold a baby marshmallow...a heavy marshmallow that is. Luckily Isaac had the baby marshmallow most of the time. And somehow my daughter was still awake and not screaming her head off by the time we entered it.
The temperature in the exhibit was 3 degrees. For those of you up north (Sarah), this is probably not that big of a deal, however, I was freezing in there with the huge parka on. I don't know how you do it up there Sarah?
This girl still hasn't caught on to smiling for the camera. Even with Dad acting goofy. One day she'll get it :)
OK hilarious! So what is it exactly? An indoor thing that they keep super cold with lots of ice sculptures?!
ReplyDeleteThat is so funny! I have been wanting to do that with Adley, but I will re-think that! Someone told me last week not to take toddlers, but now I am sold! At you least you got to experience it! :)
ReplyDelete